Assist you with all aspects in starting up a new business by:
- Establishing the financial viability of the business to ensure it will improve your financial position.
- Identifying business funding requirements, working capital and the optimum source of loans.
- Advising on the most suitable business structure, assisting in structure set up and attending to all necessary registrations such as business name, TFN, ABN, GST, PAYG, Work Cover, and superannuation.
- Planning for future tax liabilities to avoid cash flow shortages.
- Advising on record keeping requirements and options available for manual and computer based systems
- Ensuring your business start-up is smooth, hassle free and successful so you can focus on the running of your new business and its growth.
Advising on all aspects of the business purchase process by:
- Determining the level of business profit you need to make to ensure investment in the business is financially worthwhile and a sound decision
- Reviewing business information provided by the vendor to determine whether the business is worth purchasing
- Establishing what is a reasonable price for you to pay for the business given its past trading performance and future expected profitability with you as the owner
- Advising on the apportionment of the business purchase price between stock, plant & equipment and goodwill to maximise your income tax and capital gains tax position
- Advising on all aspects of GST as it applies to the business and your GST obligations
- Using our vast experience to ensure you avoid the many possible pitfalls in purchasing a business
Assisting you achieve the maximum price you can on the sale of your business by:
- Advising on the best way to present your business for sale and the must do steps to take
- Valuing your business to determine what its market value is (which may differ from the asking price)
- Advising on matters to be included in the sale contract
- Advising on the apportionment of the sale proceeds between stock, plant & equipment to maximise your income tax, GST and capital gains tax position
- Structuring the sale to ensure GST is not required to be paid
- Advising on capital gains tax including the small business capital gains tax concessions to ensure the minimum or no capital gains tax is paid